Uncategorized Protected: Greatest fear 3 July 2001

• soul_reaver posted on July 3, 2001 at 8:29 am

Bangkok, eh?

Finally going to the country I spent ten years in and moved out of. When you get the chance, head to these, they’re great: Emporium on Sukhumvit, RCA on Rama 9, and the World Trade Center. The first and third are great shopping and theatres and ice skating, and RCA is a line of pubs and dance areas. Be prepared for cover charges, though …

• beverly posted on July 4, 2001 at 1:11 am

Re: Bangkok, eh?

Cheers for the tips! I’ll definitely check those places out.. I can’t wait to go, hehe.

• soul_reaver posted on July 3, 2001 at 8:29 am

Bangkok, eh?

• beverly posted on July 4, 2001 at 1:11 am

Re: Bangkok, eh?

• Anonymous posted on July 3, 2001 at 7:17 pm

Philips

Those jerks, changing your Dad’s plans for him! I heard they’re laying off a bunch of people over there, too. (At least that’s what my dad says.)

I don’t know if Philips has the “It’s Getting Better All The Time” slogan in Singapore… but my dad got a memo that said they had to stop using that Beetles song and the slogan immediately. Isn’t that strange?

Kate

• beverly posted on July 4, 2001 at 1:13 am

Re: Philips

Yeah, so many companies are laying off all the staff. It’s pretty scary..
      *lol* that slogan thing is hilarious. In Singapore it’s “Let’s Make Things Better”

• Anonymous posted on July 3, 2001 at 10:02 pm

Rite’n

I didn’t tell you that the 1 July was my birthday, how many 82 year old friends you got?

• beverly posted on July 4, 2001 at 1:13 am

Re: Rite’n

Oooh HAPPY BIRTHDAY then Bill!
      You’re the only 82 year old friend I have =)

• Anonymous posted on July 3, 2001 at 7:17 pm

Philips

Kate

• beverly posted on July 4, 2001 at 1:13 am

Re: Philips

Yeah, so many companies are laying off all the staff. It’s pretty scary..

• Anonymous posted on July 3, 2001 at 10:02 pm

Rite’n

• beverly posted on July 4, 2001 at 1:13 am

Re: Rite’n

Oooh HAPPY BIRTHDAY then Bill!
      You’re the only 82 year old friend I have =)

• pinkponytail posted on July 4, 2001 at 6:10 pm

Oh Bev, you are ABSOLUTELY going to love Bangkok. The shopping is more than fabulous. Hope your toe heals by then tho’.

Remember to try those Thai coconuts.. =) Ooo… And buy many man-ay things for yourself.

• Anonymous posted on July 4, 2001 at 7:59 pm

BKK is great

hi bev, i hv been reading your entries on diaryland for a gd yr or prob 2… i just absolutely love BKK shopping. went twice last yr…hoped u had great fun. sure hope u checked out chatuchak market & bought lots & lots of stuff, funky clothes etc…

• pinkponytail posted on July 4, 2001 at 6:10 pm